Booking & Accommodation T&C’s
When booking accommodation with Southover Woods Ltd you are agreeing to enter into a binding contract with us.
References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Conditions relate to Southover Woods Ltd. References to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of that person’s party. When you book online or we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions.
Southover Woods accepts no liability for loss or damage to possessions and/or personal injury. In making this booking you are accepting full responsibility for yourself, your booking party, your children and you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions, which can also be viewed in full on our website.
All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. Southover Woods Ltd accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
General Booking Information
Booking forms are completed via the online booking system on our website.
We will send you a booking confirmation via email. Please contact us if you do not receive this. Please check your Booking Confirmation and notify us of any errors immediately. You must be over 18 year of age to make a booking.
During the processing of your completed online booking form, your full payment must be processed via our accepted payment options unless otherwise agreed. Your payment is made in full and consists of a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total booking amount. You have two (2) days in which your payment must be processed into our system from your bank or financial institution. If the payment money is not received in this time we reserve the right to cancel the booking. If payment is made after we issue an invoice or series of invoices, the first 50% of the total amount owed forms the non-refundable deposit amount.
Cancellation or Changes by You:
It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone the office and then confirm in writing within 24 hours. If you cancel your booking the following applies:
- If you cancel more than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose 50% of total booking amount, or the total of any non-refundable deposit payment. The remainder of any of your other payments made will be refunded less bank fees.
- If you cancel less than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your full payment.
- If you book via a third party organisation and not directly via our website they may have additional terms and conditions related to your booking. Please make yourself aware of these at the time of booking, as they are in addition to our policy regarding cancellation. We are only able to refund the portion of the booking fee we receive from the third party organisation and are not responsible for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
- In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you cannot cancel your contract if the services you have ordered are accommodation, or services related to leisure activities (if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance).
Cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances:
We are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, notifiable diseases, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We strongly recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
Any new bookings made in 2022 that are unable to commence due to Government guidance regarding COVID-19, will be offered credit notes for 18 months. This only applies to booking made directly on our website.
In order to qualify for our COVID-19 policy you must provide notification within 24 hours of either:
- evidence of a positive PCR COVID test
- evidence of official advice to isolate or
- alternative official evidence that precludes your visit based on government guidance.
In all circumstances you must advise us before 10am on your date of arrival that you have had a COVID-19 concern or may be unable to stay with us. In the event of group bookings, group members or families not advised to isolate under government guidelines, or those who have not tested positive with an ensuing PRC test, will not qualify for our COVID-19 policy.
For new bookings made involving groups of families and friends, it is contingent upon these groups to observe the current Government guidance on social distancing at the time of their stay. Unwillingness to observe social distancing rules will not be considered sufficient reason to trigger our credit or refund policy for new bookings.
For bookings made through third party sites we are only able to refund the portion of the booking fee we receive from the third party organisation. We are unable to take responsibility for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
Cancellation or Changes by Us:
Once we have issued you with a confirmation, we will do our best not to make any changes or cancel your booking. However please note that sometimes changes do occur before or after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
We recommend insurance to cover cancellation, loss, damage or injury. As a small business we are not able to act as your insurers and rearrange your stay due to your changes in personal circumstances.
Dogs are allowed in the woodland sites. Please keep your dog in sight at all times, and bury your dog poos in the undergrowth. Please don’t use plastic bags as we have no facilities for getting rid of these. Dogs are not allowed in Meadow Camping.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival times are between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Pitches must be vacated by 11.00 am on the departure date. Please let us know if you expect to arrive late or are delayed.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived by noon on the day following the booking start date we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Noise Policy and Behaviour
We operate small scale quiet, relaxed and laid back campsites. Loud noise doesn’t fit into the vibe of peace and tranquillity. We ask that campers please respect fellow campers and our local neighbours. There is a LOW NOISE POLICY from 9pm around the campsite.
We reserve the right to remove any campers who act inappropriately or do not follow our noise guidelines.
- Southover Woods are surrounded by beautiful countryside filled with unusual plants and animals. However, this brings with it the risks associated with wild animals and poisonous plants. We accept no responsibility for any injuries or illness that you suffer as a result of bites, stings or from eating or playing with poisonous plants. If in any doubt, please always ask us, and encourage your children not to touch plants or animals that you or they cannot positively identify.
- Children are free to explore the site, but they remain their parents responsibility at ALL times.
- We will not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or damage whatsoever to persons, vehicles, tents, accessories or contents during your stay with us.
- Our campsites and their landscapes include some steep slopes, rough terrain, trees, brambles and other natural hazards. Depending on the weather, conditions can be cold, wet, slippery or hot, dry and brittle.
- We trust that you appreciate we can take no responsibility for the weather conditions at the time of your visit. We recommend that you come prepared with suitable clothing and footwear, so that you can enjoy the charm of the natural environment in all its diversity.
- Southover Woods reserve the right to close the campsite in extreme or dangerous weather conditions. The decision to do this is entirely at our discretion.
- Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, weapons, generators and dangerous materials or substances are not allowed on the campsite.
- Our campsites are adjoining or near to agricultural land used for farming and forestry. Campers must be careful when entering these areas whilst staying with us.
By booking with Southover Woods you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, hazards and dangers of entering the campsite.
The Car Park
The car parks for our campsites are located away from the campsite pitches. We supply wheelbarrows to transport your kit. Directions and how to find the car park are found either in the links sent to you via email prior to your arrival, or on the booking confirmation sent at the time of your booking. Only authorised vehicles are allowed access to the main campsite areas, unless approved for deliveries. The access tracks down to the campsite are only for staff and emergency vehicle access. All guests and any additional guests visiting the campsite may only park in the designated car park area. All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. Southover Woods accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
We ask that you leave your pitch or areas you use within the campsite in a clean and tidy state upon your departure. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please take your rubbish away with you and dispose of it offsite.
Logs & fires
Logs and fires– Fires must only be lit in the fire pits provided, and supervised at all times. Bags of logs are available from the ranger, please request in the mornings. Otherwise feel free to pick dead wood up off the ground to burn.
PLEASE DO NOT USE DISPOSABLE BBQs..
Please ring the ranger number 07538 526221 if you need help. Southover woods rangers are your first point of contact if you need anything during your stay. The ranger phone is manned from 10am – 6pm. There will be wardens at the campsites. The wardens will be charged specifically with:
- ensuring noise is kept to a minimum during evening hours
- cars are parked in the correct areas and do not park in the campsite proper
- campsite rules are adhered to
- security of the campsite and surrounding areas
The warden will where necessary, enforce the low noise policy.
We ask for you and your guests to cooperate with our wardens. Please assist us by listening and adhering to the warden’s instructions, directions and requests. It is a condition of your booking that you agree to follow the directions of our wardens and staff.
- You agree to look after the pitches and campsites. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of your booking, and you agree to leave it clean and tidy. If you break these conditions we may make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
- You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the staff, landowners or any third party, we may refuse to allow you access to the property or ask you to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your booking, as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- You are in a natural environment and as such you agree to respect all local flora and fauna. Any damage, wilful or negligent, will be taken seriously and may result in you and your party being requested to leave the campsite. In such cases we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- You must allow us access to the pitches and accommodations at any reasonable time during your stay.
- The number of people using the glamping accommodation and tent pitches may not exceed the number agreed when booking.
If you have special requests or needs, you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your stay at Southover Woods please tell us before we confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs.
Liability – Your Happiness and Satisfaction!
It makes us happy if you enjoy your stay with us! If you have any problems during your stay, please let us know immediately so we can try and sort them out while you are here. If you have any complaints thereafter, please address them to;
Southoverwoods, Affpuddle, Dorchester DT2 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract and in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the Act).
- Southover Woods or their staff or business partners shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused. We accept no liability for injury sustained to any party whilst on our campsites.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
Other important terms
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may submit the dispute for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
Southover Woods is a trading name of Southover Events Ltd. .
Southover Events Limited
Company number – 10898508
26 Middlemarsh Street
Monthly Picture Competition
To enter simply tag you Facebook post with #southoverwoods and at the end of the month the Southover team will draw a winning pic. The winner will get a two night stay in one of Decanter, Lordship, Villager & DayDreams Pitches
- The judges decision is final.
- The 2 night prize is subject to availability and must be taken in 2022.
- No cash alternative.
- The prize is for accommodation only for up to 8 people – firewood and transfers will need to be purchased as usual.
- The prize can only be taken for new bookings.